tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: Internal Server Error 500
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 03:37:15 GMT
> I have apache running on linux with tomcat on NT.
> Servlets work fine but when I try to load a JSP from the examples
> It give Internal Server Error 500 Context not configured.

Is it an Apache error message or a Tomcat error message? What do you get
in your Apache (or Tomcat) log file when this happens?

> Linux 9.0

Right. Which one :)

It's very possible that the port over which Apache is trying to
communicate with Tomcat is blocked by firewalls on either machine, or on
an intermediate network link (like a router or h/w firewall). You should
look into that, too.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message