tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schu...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Opening .JSP file through Apache without using mod_jk connector ?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 03:22:41 GMT
Soma,

> Is is possible to open ".JSP" files through Apache Server without using
> Mod_JK connector. Currently I'using Mod_JK connector 4.1.27 between
> Apache 2.0.40 and Tomcat 2.1.47 on Red Hat Linux 9.0.

So, you want Apache to serve the .jsp file? It can certainly do that,
but it will not actually "run" the .jsp file for you. If you want the
.jsp file to be "run", then you need Tomcat (or some other app server)
to do it for you.

mod_jk (or mod_jk2) is the standard way to connect Tomcat to Apache.

-chris