tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <tcw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Q] Tomcat & ZoneAlarm?
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:10:03 GMT

I've used ZoneAlarm in the past. If I remember correctly, you have to select the program and
check it for server. If you don't, it blocks inbound traffic.

if it is already checked for server, do a right click and it should give you additional properties
like blocking all other ports for the application.

peter

Riaan Oberholzer <riaanoberholzer@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks... I know what a firewall is and what it does.
Problem is, with the free version of ZoneAlarm you
cannot manually specify ports to allow access on. I
know you CAN get it to work, but how I do not know.

I need the firewall. It is my home PC on a ADSL
connection, permanently connected to the internet. So
I use it for basicly everything I do on the internet.