tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Java User <javawor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Starting tomcat
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:15:35 GMT
Hi,

I am newbie for tomcat 5.0.16. I installed tomcat 5.0.16. When I am starting the server, the
window appears but it closes by itself. I looked at the error and the very first error states
that:

"[ERROR] Digester - -Begin event threw error <java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError>java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
sun.misc.InvalidJarIndexException: Invalid index!"

FYI, I have java version "1.3.0_02" and my JAVA_HOME variable is as follows:
"set JAVA_HOME=D:\jdk1.3.0_02". I did not define CATALINA_HOME variable. It is, I guess, defined
by the tomcat startup script.

Can somebody help???

Nishit