tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vikas <viksd2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Need help to study thread dump
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:55:30 GMT

Hi,

My app is running on bes 5.1

App sometime stops responsding and i have to restart my server. Below is some portion of thread
dump which i got for the app

"VBJ ThreadPool Worker" daemon prio=5 tid=0x14f1148 nid=0xad70 waiting for monitor entry [e767d000..e767fc24]
 at com.vks.group.pkg.util.DBConnectionPool.getConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:166)
 - waiting to lock <efdc0158> (a com.vks.group.pkg.util.DBConnectionPool)
 at com.vks.group.pkg.util.DBConnectionPool.isDBPoolOK(DBConnectionPool.java:349)
 at com.vks.group.pkg.util.DBConnectionPoolManager.isDBPoolOK(DBConnectionPoolManager.java:219)
 at com.vks.group.pkg.util.DBUtil.isDBPoolOK(DBUtil.java:681)
 at com.vks.group.pkg.util.DBUtil.isDBPoolOK(DBUtil.java:677)
 at MyServResponse.processRequest(MyServResponse.java:39)

>From the dump all i could make out is there lock wait on one object to get database connection.
Is it problem with the java code or like problem with the database unavailabilty.

We dont get this problem quiet frequently , this come only once in a month , ie we need to
start our server once every month.  Has anybody come across such problem in past , pls help
me how to go about solving it.

******
Viks
******
Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online.Post your profile.