tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Stransky <Rainer.Stran...@so-fa.de>
Subject Re: How to install new version of application (war file)
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:29:35 GMT
Sorry Jake, I do not understand your suggestion.
In my manager/html there is no "tag" field in the deployment form.

Jeanfrancois link to the 5.0 documentation gave me the hint to
put the autoDeploy="true" to the server.xml :
      <Host appBase="webapps" name="myhost.mydomain" autoDeploy="true">
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So now, when I copy my app.war to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps tomcat removes the
corresponding directory app and redeploys the new app.war.

Rainer

On Monday 01 December 2003 14:43, Jacob Kjome wrote:
> The manager app in Tomcat5 now allows for a "tag" to be associated with the
> war you deploy.  You can use this from the ant manager tasks as well.  You
> can deploy an app and deploy the same app (different version) again with a
> different tag.  The old one will be undeployed and the new one will go
> in.  If you want to switch back, just specify the tag of an existing
> deployed version.
>
> Jake
>
> At 09:01 AM 12/1/2003 +0100, you wrote:
> >What is the common way to install a new version of a war file ?
> >
> >My experience is, that I have to stop tomcat, delete the
> > .../webapps/app_dir copy a new app_dir.war to .../webapps and start
> > tomcat.
> >
> >But this is not appropriate on a production system.
> >
> >I do not want to restart tomcat.
> >
> >What will be a better solution ?

Software Factory GmbH                      mailto:Rainer.Stransky@so-fa.de
Panoramastr. 47, 73084 Salach              phone  : +49 7162 460592
 o technical software development          fax    : +49 7162 460593
 o system engineering                      mobile : +49 172 6714084
 o consulting                              www    : http://www.so-fa.de