tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nadia Kunkov" <nad...@parkerglobal.com>
Subject RE: Uninstalling Tomcat
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:07:24 GMT
I have Tomcat 4.1.29 and there is nothing in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ or /etc/init.d/  All I have
is catalina.sh and startup.sh in $TOMCAT_HOME/bin.  What should I put in the above directories?
A shell script? Which one or what kind of script should I wright? In both of those directories
or just one? Also, there is no tomcat.conf file for this version, should I create it?
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Luc Foisy [mailto:Luc.Foisy@technical-magic.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 3:39 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Uninstalling Tomcat

Check to see if you have a runtime call for that tomcat instance.
Make sure it works from the command line first.
Make sure all environment variables needed have been set.
Check the tomcat logs.

Does this particular tomcat install automatically create something in the runtime area (/etc/rc.d/init.d/
and such places)
If not you'll have to write your own.