tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject possible to configure JDO PersistenceManagerFactory via JNDI in Tomcat?
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:50:23 GMT
I'm wondering if anyone has configured a javax.jdo.PersistenceManagerFactory
binding to JNDI in Tomcat?  Is it possible?  Eg. Something like this...

    <Resource name="jdo/myJDO" auth="Container"
	          type="javax.jdo.PersistenceManagerFactory"/>
    <ResourceParams name="jdo/myJDO">
        <parameter>
            <name>factory</name>
            <value>kodo.jdbc.runtime.JDBCPersistenceManagerFactory</value>
        </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>

I've got JNDI javax.sql.DataSource set up just fine with commons-dbcp.  I'm
hoping I can configure JDO in a similar way.

I have some doubts based on this...
http://www.springframework.org/docs/api/org/springframework/orm/jdo/JdoTemplate.
html

<quote>
Registering a PersistenceManagerFactory with JNDI is only advisable when using
a JCA Connector, i.e. when the application server cares for initialization.
Else, portability is rather limited: Manual JNDI binding isn't supported by
some application servers (e.g. Tomcat).
</quote>

Is this going to require a full blown J2EE server such as JBoss, Jonas,
Weblogic, and the like?  I hope not.

Jake