tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject deployment quirk in Tomcat5. Bug?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 19:06:36 GMT
When deploying war files in Tomcat-5.0.16, I noticed something a little odd.
After using the ant manager deploy task and then doing an undeploy, manually
dropping the war file into CATALINA_HOME/webapps trigger auto-deployment.

For example, say I have "myapp.war".  I just drop this into Tomcat5's webapps
directory and it deploys the app as expected.  I can do an undeploy via the
html manager interface and it undeploys as expected.  I can repeat this ad-
infinitum and everything works fine.

Now, I deploy "myapp.war" via the ant manager deploy task and it deploys as
expected.  Then I undeploy it with the html manager interface.  Now I try
dropping the war file manually into webapps as explained above.  This time, the
war does not deploy.  If I restart Tomcat5, manual deployment works fine
again...until after the first time I use the ant manager deploy task, of course.

I can't imagine this is "expected behavior".  Well, at least I didn't expect
it.  Can anyone else confirm what exactly "expected behavior" is before I
report a bug on this?

Jake