tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shaju Joseph <shaju.jos...@mci.com>
Subject Unable to connect socket
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:42:16 GMT
I have a web application which is connecting to another server. While
running this under tomcat 4.1.29 on HP-UX, I am not able to open a socket.

I have included SocketPermission for all IPs and Ports. I am running with
-security option. I can see the following in the Catalina.out log file.

access: domain 1 ProtectionDomain
(file:/home/aarranz/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/bin/bootstrap.jar <no
certificates>)
java.security.Permissions@5601ea (
 (java.net.SocketPermission *:* connect,resolve)

I am not seeing any errors in the log file. I can run this application as a
standalone without any issues. Socket connection is done through a set of
native libraries, and I have given RuntimePermission for those too.

(java.lang.RuntimePermission loadLibrary.*)

What am I missing? Do I have to start tomcat as a particular user or
something ?

Thanks