tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pfingstl Gernot" <gernot.pfing...@stmk.gv.at>
Subject GlobalNamingResources
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:45:57 GMT
If I define a resource in <GlobalNamingResources> (in server.xml) I can use this resource
in my web-application only if I use <ResourceLink> in my context. So it seems to me
it isn't possible to use a resource defined in <GlobalNamingResources> unless I permit
the use with a <ResourceLink> in the context or the engine.

Is this right??

Because I didn't find a sentence about this in the tomcat docs!

Is this behaviour specified somewhere or is it subject to change?

This behavoiur is important to me, becaue I will explicitely permit (or deny) the access to
a global resource per context. Its a security problem.

Thanks
Gernot