tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Abhijeet Selukar" <abhije...@cybage.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.x memory leak (not javac)
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:49:03 GMT
Hi,
I am also facing the same problem of memory leakage. I have posted on mail about this on 19th
Nov too...

I had contacted to the support people where our web application is hosted. I had got few suggestions.
According to their suggestion -
1. I increased the heapsize in catalina.sh file.
2. I have also tried to increase the file descriptor size.

Increaing the file descriptor size helped me at some extent. It stopped the frequent exceptions
in Tomcat -> catalina but occasionaly I am still gettng same exceptions.
I would really like to have some more suggestions.

Abhijeet Selukar

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Trenton D. Adams
  To: Tomcat Users List
  Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 12:21 AM
  Subject: Re: Tomcat 4.0.x memory leak (not javac)

  Sven Köhler wrote:

  >>> Bugs have been filed for this issue against 4.1.x and they have been
  >>> marked as WONTFIX.  Best to try to reproduce the problem on 5.0.x and
  >>> if the bug still exists there, file a report in bugzilla if one does
  >>> not already exist.
  >>

  >> Where can I find this information?  Is there a bugzilla for tomcat or
  >> something?  If so, I would like to go there so I can see if there's
  >> any information indicating where in the code it would be.  I could go
  >> searching myself, but I've never dove into the Tomcat code before! :)
  >

  > Could you post the bugid or even a link to the bug-report? i'm also
  > interested in the porblem.
  >
  > I would also be interested in a description of the javac-memory-leak. It
  > has become a "myth" and nobody can explain it. I don't find a bug-report
  > in both Sun's and Tomact's bug-databases.

  I found it once but I can't find it again.  I was pretty sure I entered
  "memory leak" in the summary field and came up with results, but it
  doesn't work now.

  Anyhow, the javac bug is referenced in the release notes of 4.0.x.  I
  don't think it's a javac bug but a tomcat bug with the interface into
  the javac classes.  After all, it's not referenced in the release notes
  for the newer versions of tomcat.

  __
  ---