tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Wahl" <guoqian.w...@ezcross.com>
Subject Re: Benefits of Apache Server
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:14:08 GMT
I 'd like to know what does the "static resources" exactly mean?
html? css? javascripts? It's hard to google explanation of "static resources".

If HTML scripts are generated by servlet (there is no html files
in my web app),will apache be a must?

Chris

TIA

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wendy Smoak" <Wendy.Smoak@asu.edu>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 8:00 AM
Subject: RE: Benefits of Apache Server

> Could someone point me where I might find what real added
> benefit (performance, security or otherwise) that I might
> recieve by integrating Apache with my Tomcat Server?

Isn't there a Wiki somewhere?  This would be a really good topic for
it...

Apache is better at CGI, and much faster serving static resources.  It's
one of those things where if you have to ask, you probably don't need
it. :)  As long as Tomcat does what you need, don't complicate your life
with Apache and the connector.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.