tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Iain Downie" <iain.dow...@bto.org>
Subject 2 instances of Tomcat
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:44:36 GMT
Hi List,

I found some info on this on web and faqs, but I think my question is a bit
different from the general 2 instances discussions I have found.

Red Hat 7.2 Linux
JDK 1.3.1
Tomcat 4.0.3

All run smoothly. I need to install some WorldPay stuff for testing and
live. They assure me that their servlets will not work on JDK1.3.0+, and
more importantly, will not run on anything above Tomcat 3.2.4.

Can I install this lower Tomcat and a lower JDK? I think I can get away no
bother with the Tomcat, but what about the JDK. I ask as there are 'env'
variables that are set up as TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME. I think I can
duplicate TOMCAT_HOME (ie. TOMCAT2_HOME) and cater for it in the start
files, but what about having two JDK?

Iain