tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Behrens" <...@diekleinedomain.de>
Subject AW: newbie help please, localhost not found
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 09:03:09 GMT
Hi Dave,

your firewall should normally try to restrict ALL connections to and
from your maschine. That even applies to connections that originate on
your maschine, to the system those are handled basicaly on the same
basis that an external request would be handled. I would suggest to tell
your firewall that it can safely allow all connections from localhost
and 127.0.0.1 and then switch your firewall back on. In Norton you
should be able to easily do this by adding those addresses to the
trusted zones defined within Norton.

HTH, Jan