tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George Shafik" <gsha...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: LAN Access
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2003 06:19:18 GMT
Yep,

You need to modify your local host (lives in etc directory - map your
machine's name to your local ip address - OS will resolve it and you get to
keep your document/context path names consistent) file on all the local
machines in order to access your web server in your local area as if your
from the outside world (don't use ip address in your path as your relative
pages will revert to the appropriate context path once you jump to the next
link ) -- I'm assuming things work from the outside and your main problem is
entirely a url resolution problem because your doc path is incorrect.

George

----- Original Message -----
From: <dhayalan@curvet.net>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 5:04 PM
Subject: LAN Access

> Hi all,
>
>            I have created a Web Online exam as per tthe procedure as well
and it was working fine now i want to access the web in difeerent mechine
(ie in Lan) i can acess the html page by giving
192.168.1.32:8080/OnlineExam/html/loginpage.htm after that i ma not able to
proceed .i tried to change the local host to 192.168.1.32 nothing to browse
the web (online Exam) if any one know pls help me to solve (is to change the
localhost in servel.xml file if so please reply me imm...