tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <mi...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: JSP not reloading
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:08:34 GMT
1. There were several contexts acting in this manner.
2. Not sure, because....

This problem has now been solved.  Our sysadmin took down our boxes over
Christmas to move them all to a new UPS.  When they came back up (I did
development work from home over the Christmas long weekend), the problem
was gone.

So what is the difference (to Tomcat? to a java app?) between stopping
the app, and restarting the app, and stopping the box, and restarting
the box ?  What could possibly be 'left over' that is cleared away only
by a server restart, rather than just application restart?  At this
point I'm merely idly curious, since we're back to Tomcat behaving. :)