tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: Forwarding
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:00:43 GMT
I think Kuba wants to redirect all requests that end with  "/something.jsp/" to "/something.jsp"

Are you using Apache on the front end?  I think this would be best done in Apache, with mod_rewrite,
and a RewriteRule.
(Do not forget to turn the RewriteEngine on, a common mistake).

>>> bsouther@fwdco.com 11/26/03 2:38:18 PM >>>
Can you re-phrase that?
I'm not sure what you want to do.

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 04:25 pm, Kuba Królikowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to make forwarding in my web application which forward every
> /xxxx.jsp/ (url without '/' at the end) link to /xxxx.jsp (url without
> '/' at the end). Do you know how to do it on Tomcat? I know, that I can
> define for every site <servlet> and <servlet-mapping> tags in web.xml,
> but is there any "universal" method, which make forwarding for every
> sites with one instruction/tag?
>
> Kuba

Ben Souther
F.W. Davison & Company, Inc.

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com