tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry McFarlane <LMcFarl...@tconl.com>
Subject Re: Content Type
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:06:36 GMT
We had a similar situation that required us to "up" the connections on
mySQL.  I imagine that you would have the same settings in Oracle as we
did with mySQL.  I don't think it's a Tomcat thing as much as an Oracle
thing.  I'm unfamiliar with Oracle and have to digresss at this point...

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:28:07 -0600, epyonne <epyonneNOSPAM@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I vaguely remember someone has asked this similar question before, if so,
> but please allow me to ask it again.....
>
> What is Tomcat's limitation on multiple connection to database?  I have a
> simple servlet application that connects to Oracle database for data.
> Since
> it is a very simple application, no connection pooling is used.  Someone
> raised a question on whether Tomcat can handle hundreds of calls to the
> servlets and hundreds of connections to the Oracle database.
>
> By the way, I am using Tomcat 4.1.24 on Windows 2000 server.  Any help
> will
> be very much appreciated.

"How do I set my laser printer to stun???"