tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lukas Bradley" <lu...@somnia.com>
Subject HttpSessionListener in Tomcat 4.1.27 (or HttpSessionListener in general)
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:06:50 GMT
All,

When I attempt to access the HttpSession object within the
sessionDestroyed(), I get the following error.

DEBUG [StandardManager[]] (SessionListener.java:40) - sessionDestroyed()
StandardManager[] Session event listener threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: getAttribute: Session already invalidated
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.getAttribute(StandardSession.jav
a:954)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.getAttribute(StandardSessi
onFacade.java:171)
        at dollars.ui.actions.DollarsAction.getUserVO(DollarsAction.java:46)
        at
dollars.ui.controllers.SessionListener.sessionDestroyed(SessionListener.java
:42)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire(StandardSession.java:659)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire(StandardSession.java:608)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.processExpires(StandardManager.j
ava:793)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.run(StandardManager.java:870)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Why would the HttpSessionEvent *seem* like it should have access to the
session that has just been removed, yet not be able to access it?  Is this a
Tomcat problem, or does the Servlet 2.3 spec simply want you to know that
some random session was just invalidated, but you can't get any information
about it.

Any help appreciated.

Lukas