tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael E. Allen" <m.e.al...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject tomcat 4.1.29 in SSL mode on AIX 5; Algorithm SunX509 not available
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:40:16 GMT
Greetings!

I am trying to bring up tomcat 4.1.29 in SSL mode on AIX 5.  Everything
works find before I uncomment the server.xml section to run SSL in port
8443.  I have installed a keystore and I am running java 1.4.1, so the
jsse stuff should be there.  I have also looked at the security.jar in
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib, and the x509 classes are there (at least, there are
classes in sun/secutity/x509 in the security.jar file).

The precise message I get is:
java.io.IOException: Algorithm SunX509 not available
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSE14SocketFactory.init(JSSE14SocketFactory.java:151)
    at ....
[etc]

Any thoughts?

Thanks,