tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Morten <li...@kikobu.com>
Subject Re: Managing DB connections via HttpSessionListener
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:47:53 GMT

Thanks for the proposals.

The using a pool manager sounds like what I need, only it's a little '
overkill taking the size of the application into consideration.

As users can specify new DB URI's themselves, I cannot use multiple
datasources either (unless I create/maintain them programmatically,
which again appears to be overkill).

The solution that seems to do the trick, and appears to be used for
this problem in general, is to implement the HttpSessionBindingEvent
interface and manage the connection in that.

Br,

Morten