tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Unusual config for: SSL -> Apache -> JK2 -> Tomcat
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 05:36:45 GMT
Can't be done, for the simple reason that Apache has to respond with the
Server cert long before it finds out if the request is going to Tomcat.
Otherwise, the browser will refuse to continue with the connection.

"Mike Kellstrand" <mikek@rapix.com> wrote in message
Is it possible to have Apache receive HTTPS requests and
then use JK2 to forward them on to a Tomcat that deals with the
SSL/certificates
and services the requests?

I want Apache & JK2 to be simply a conduit and not try to deal with the SSL.

Tomcat will have the certificate, not Apache.

This Apache will serve some static content, but when it gets requests
for certain contexts (which will require https), I want Apache just to  pipe
the packets off to a Tomcat at an undisclosed location and not try to
authenticate.

I know this is unusual, but I have a good reason.

Can it be done?

Thanks,

Mike Kellstrand