tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: loss of session from http to https
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2003 03:08:50 GMT
URL rewriting doesn't work http->https (blame the Servlet spec :).  However,
cookie sessions should be preserved (unless it is the browser that is
choosing to not send the cookie).  If it was my app, the first thing that I
would try is to enable the RequestDumperValve to see if the cookie is
actually being sent.

The log message is probably a red-herring.  It is just logging that the
Response has been reset (normal for error-pages and sendRedirects).  Since
the cookie should have been set on a Request prior to the one generating the
reset, this shouldn't be a problem.

Of course (as always :), if you can produce a simple war file that
demonstrates this problem, by all means attach it to a bug-report at
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla.  I'd be very interested to look at it
;-).