tomcat-users mailing list archives

From KKo...@gkservices.com
Subject RE: Multiple webapps talking to same DB
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:25:28 GMT

Thanks for the tips.
Actually, I added another context (<context>) to the <tomcat_home>
\conf\server.xml, which specifies the database parameters and I'm good to go.
Didn't help that I was also working with the wrong server.xml file.

                      Edson Alves Pereira

                      <eapereira@panameric        To:       'Tomcat Users List' <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      ano.com.br>                 cc:

                                                  Subject:  RE: Multiple webapps talking to
same DB
                      11/06/2003 11:32 AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users List"

             If you want to create a default database for all web-apps ( i don´t
known if you want the same database´s user also ), you should add a JNDI
datasource in <GlobalNamingResources>, try to use tomcat´s manager. Remeber,
you must put your JDBC driver in common/lib also, because tomcat need it to
create the datasource, but in your case, maybe you did try a simple
connection and forgot to put JDBC driver in shared/lib or WEB-INF/lib.