tomcat-users mailing list archives

From meissa.Sa...@assetmanagement.natexis.fr
Subject Réf. : RE: Réf. : RE: dbcp pool size
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 07:26:55 GMT

when I request the 21st connection when there are 20 active connection,
the pool size grow to 21 and so and so.
And when the pool size reach the maximum number of connection authorized
by the database server.  Boom !

I have to restart tomcat and re initialize the pool.

I did not say the the pool obeys to anything without factory.
I simply want to know if it's a dbcp bug the the pool size is growing
without any
limit or if my configuration misses something.

Meissa Sakho
NATEXIS ASSET MANAGEMENT
Direction de l'organisation
Tel. : 01 58 19 45 71
http://www.assetmanagement.natexis.fr

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
06/11/2003 17:20
Veuillez répondre à "Tomcat Users List"

        Pour :  "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc :
        Objet : RE: Réf. : RE: dbcp pool size

Howdy,
And you're saying the pool obeys your maxActive directive without a
factory?  What happens when you request the 21st connection when there are
already 20 active?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics