tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ashish.ga...@polaris.co.in
Subject Tomcat standalone vs Tomcat with IIS
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:52:31 GMT
Hi there,

We have a web application(non-J2EE), which interacts with JTS layer that in
turn talks to the Database(SQL). Now this application was earlier hosted in
iPlanet which we now want to shift to Tomcat (Tomcat 4.1.27 with JDK
1.4.2).

What i am confused about is that would it be better to have a web-server
like IIS (as per clients req) interfacing Tomcat or can we do with a
standalone implementation of TOMCAT?? Our userbase would be close to 1600
with upto 300 concurrent users. The static content is not much and the web
interface is almost entirely comprised of JSPs.

I have read the archives available on the net regarding the advantages and
disadvantages of using APACHE and TOMCAT vs TOMCAT-standalone, but still i
wanted to get the information specific to IIS.
Any help is highly appreciated..

Thanks and regards,
Ashish Gadre
Polaris Software Labs