tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Antony Paul" <antonypau...@hotmail.com>
Subject Design advice needed.
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 06:36:01 GMT
Hi all,
    I need a replacement for row level locking in database. The requirement
is if two users are updating the same row of a table only the user who
updates first will be made to database second user must get a failed
message. This can be done using row level locking. But it allows only one
user to open page for editing at same time. If another user has locked the
row then second user cannot lock the same row or update it. So I want to
implement locking in Container. Is there any design patterns available for
this. Or have anyone implemented this. I am using Tomcat 4.1,Servlets JSP
and Oracle 8i. The application is using  MVC pattern but do not use Struts.

Antony Paul