tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Antony Paul" <antonypau...@hotmail.com>
Subject please explain behavior of Requestdispatcher.forward()
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 12:03:41 GMT
Hi all,
    I have problem in using RequestDispatcher.forward() from servlets. My
knowledge is that even after calling this method servlet continues
processing the request and thus executes rest of the service method. But I
have seen that if a servlet is forwarding to same servlet it stops
responding unable to get a database connection from pool. (I have set
maxconncections to 1).  Database connection is closed in service method in
the finally block which is coming after the forward() statement. What is
wrong ?. I am using Tomcat 4.1.27 and JDK 1.3.1.
Another question how to remove a query string from a request before
forwarding it.

Antony Paul