tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Guyatt" <pguy...@telesoft-technologies.com>
Subject RE: problems with dbcp
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 13:30:47 GMT
Hi,

	Why dont you override the finialize method so that when your objects fall
out of scope and are garbage collected then you close the connections ?

Thanks

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Ebeling [mailto:febeli@yahoo.de]
Sent: 03 November 2003 13:27
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: problems with dbcp

Ok. That's the same point I am currently trying to solve. I
intentionally leave connections open, but they don't get freed. Perhaps
someone else could comment here?

-Florian

my settings in server.xml---------------

<Resource name="jdbc/TomcatDS"
                auth="Container"
                type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

           <ResourceParams name="jdbc/TomcatDS">
             <parameter>
               <name>factory</name>
             </parameter>

             <!-- Maximum number of dB connections in pool. Make sure you
              configure your mysqld max_connections large enough to handle
              all of your db connections. Set to 0 for no limit.
              -->
             <parameter>
               <name>maxActive</name>
               <value>20</value>
             </parameter>

             <!-- Maximum number of idle dB connections to retain in pool.
              Set to 0 for no limit.
              -->
             <parameter>
               <name>maxIdle</name>
               <value>5</value>
             </parameter>

             <!-- Maximum time to wait for a dB connection to become
available
              in ms, in this example 10 seconds. An Exception is thrown if
              this timeout is exceeded.  Set to -1 to wait indefinitely.
              -->
             <parameter>
               <name>maxWait</name>
               <value>10000</value>
             </parameter>

             <parameter>
              <name>username</name>
              <value>caspar</value>
             </parameter>
             <parameter>
              <name>password</name>
              <value>geheim</value>
             </parameter>

             <parameter>
                <name>driverClassName</name>
                <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
             </parameter>

             <!-- The JDBC connection url for connecting to your MySQL dB.
              The autoReconnect=true argument to the url makes sure that the
              mm.mysql JDBC Driver will automatically reconnect if
mysqld closed the
              connection.  mysqld by default closes idle connections
after 8 hours.
              -->
             <parameter>
               <name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/tomcatds?autoReconnect=true</value>
             </parameter>

             <!-- Umgang mit nicht geschlossenen Statements, Connections und
                  ResultSets.
             -->
             <parameter>
               <name>removeAbandoned</name>