tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mufaddal Khumri <mufad...@wmotion.com>
Subject Severe notification ...
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 18:30:34 GMT
I have my webapp up and running and am stress testing it. After a while
I get this:

"Nov 4, 2003 1:50:12 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
logFull
SEVERE: All threads are busy, waiting. Please increase maxThreads or
check the servlet status75 75"

I have no idea why all threads would be busy and waiting.

I could raise the value of maxThreads, but that would just delay the
error from being reported. I need to get a dump of my tomcat threads
and see where the bottleneck is. How do I do this ? Is there a facility
in tomcat that would allow me to dump its threads and allow me to see
where the threads are waiting and not moving on ? Is there a good
utility i can use ?

Thanks.