tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lira, Alesio" <l...@ediguay.com.uy>
Subject RE: Difficulty with SSL authentication without client certificate
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:16:45 GMT
The most usual case that this behavior of tomcat is a nuissance, is when you wish to accept
a SSL session; but if there is no client certificate, go ahead but with some functionality
excluded. In my case, I give more sensitive information if a client certificate is present.
Trapping the Error 400 (bad request), doesn't gives me the behavior I want.
I don't think that an absence of client certificate is a bug. Think you of accessing in a
hurry a secure site from a hotel bussines service because your laptop is kaput... I will not
import my certificate into a machine that is used by anyone unkown. But if the secure service
recognizes you ( but with lesser power ) because you don't give a certificate and let you
go forward; that is what i want.