tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Sierra Fernandez <...@tid.es>
Subject RE: How to stop the URL comming up?
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:22:21 GMT

you're right...frame way is fool-proof ;-). One posibility is using a
servlet as default index page. This servlet should redirect to whichever JSP
you would like. The way to do the redirection in order to the URL didn't
appear in the browser is the following:

getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/any.jsp").forward(request,respons
e);

You can do this manually or using STRUTS. It's quite usefull.
Bear in mind that is possible for a user to get a JSP if he knows the URL
but he or she is supposed to know noone. If you don't trust very much, you
can combine this with a session id control to redirect to the main page if
the user tries to get a JSP directly.

David Sierra Fernandez