tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Ward" <cw...@horizon-asset.co.uk>
Subject RE: Intermittent failures using DataSources
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:35:19 GMT

Hi,

For the record, I solved my problem regarding the message...

org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
	Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "Cannot load JDBC
driver class 'null'"

... from my JSPs.

For anyone who is interested, here's what worked for me...

I was not always invoking them with my context in the URL.

Since I had set my "default" context's docBase the same as my properly
configured
one, it *appeared* to be executing the JSP in the same way.  In fact,
this seems
okay for getting to static html pages, but the JSPs were not picking up
the DataSources
<Resource> or <ResourceLink> settings.

Example.
--------

Bad : 	http: //{my server}/apps/admin/MyApplication/myJSP.jsp

	Tries to process JSP, fails with above exception.

Good : 	http: //{my
server}/MY_CONTEXT/apps/admin/MyApplication/myJSP.jsp

	Does the business.

Of course, now I feel dumb.  But I hope this may help some other poor
soul from blowing a day and a half.

Best regards
Chris