tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Ward" <>
Subject RE: Intermittent failures using DataSources
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:35:19 GMT

For the record, I solved my problem regarding the message...

	Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "Cannot load JDBC
driver class 'null'"

... from my JSPs.

For anyone who is interested, here's what worked for me...

I was not always invoking them with my context in the URL.

Since I had set my "default" context's docBase the same as my properly
one, it *appeared* to be executing the JSP in the same way.  In fact,
this seems
okay for getting to static html pages, but the JSPs were not picking up
the DataSources
<Resource> or <ResourceLink> settings.

Bad : 	http: //{my server}/apps/admin/MyApplication/myJSP.jsp

	Tries to process JSP, fails with above exception.

Good : 	http: //{my

	Does the business.

Of course, now I feel dumb.  But I hope this may help some other poor
soul from blowing a day and a half.

Best regards

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: