tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Amit Dhar" <>
Subject Problems with content type in the response header
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:02:49 GMT

I am using Tomcat 5.0.14
I have a servlet running under Tomcat.
Tomcat seems to add character encoding "charset=ISO-8859-1"
to the content-type in response header.
A third party program to which my servlet talks to, expects
only "application/octet-stream" as the response content-type,
however the error log shows the content-type to be "application/octet-stream;charset=ISO-8859-1".

I tried to set the content-type explicitly in my servlet using
but it still appends the "charset=ISO-8859-1" part to it.

Does any one know why this happens and how I can get rid of it?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message