tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kumar, Sumit" <Sumit.Ku...@sogeti-usa.com>
Subject RE: Basic Authentication
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:00:49 GMT
Can somebody suggest how to implement Basic Authentication in Tomcat4.1 or
use an existing Basic Authentication being used by other application.

Thanks
-sumit

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar, Sumit
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 11:44 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Basic Authentication

Hello,

I have a third party application named Intraspect5.6. It uses Tomcat 4.1 as
servlet engine. It uses Basic Authentication. I want to use the same Basic
Authentication used by Intraspect for my custom application that I have
deployed in the same Tomcat instance. From my webapp, can I go to the table
where intraspect stores the userid and passwords and decode the password Or
is their a better way. I also donot understand how Basic Authentication is
implemented. Any help please.

Thnaks
-sumit