tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Harry Mantheakis <ha...@mantheakis.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject Re: Installation problem
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:28:47 GMT
Okay Sancha

Delete all of of the following lines from the 'web.xml' file in
'$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/Sancha/WEB-INF':

<!-- JSPC servlet mappings start -->

  <servlet>

<servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/index.jsp</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

<!-- JSPC servlet mappings end -->

Make sure you do NOT delete the closing </web-app> tag at the end of the
page (!) otherwise Tomcat will complain.

Now you will have an 'empty' context (application). Any files you place into
the '$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/Sancha' folder will be displayed as a directory
list.

Test it yourself by calling:

http://your_ip_address:8080/Sancha/

You should see just a list of files, assuming there are any to list.

I hasten to add that this is not how Tomcat is normally used (!) and it
could be that I have misunderstood your intentions for using Tomcat. It is a
very crude way of 'sharing' certain files, but I assume that is what you
want to do.

All the best.

Harry Mantheakis
London, UK