tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Tebong" <mteb...@hupk.com>
Subject Cookies
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:10:09 GMT
I set a cookie like this from a servlet (URI=
/app/servlet/myPackage.CookieTest):

		Cookie userCookie = new Cookie("someName", "someValue");
  		userCookie.setMaxAge(60*60*24*365);
  		response.addCookie(userCookie);

I later try to read the cookies using a JSP page like this (URI=
/app/getCookieValue.jsp):

		Cookie[] cookies = request.getCookies();
		Cookie cookie;
		for(int i=0; i<cookies.length; i++)
		{
			cookie = cookies[i];
			out.print(cookie.getName() + "=");
			out.print(cookie.getValue() + "\n");
		}

I get nothing in the results, however, if I try to get and print the
cookie values from the same servlet, I get all cookies that were set and
the sessionid cookie as well. What is going on? How can I set cookies in
a servlet and get their values from a jsp file (btw, the jsp file is in
the same package).

PS Is this the right forum for this question?