tomcat-users mailing list archives

From benoit <gerald.ben...@simmons.edu>
Subject what's missing?copied Examples/servlets but web.xml causes nothing to work
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 20:27:32 GMT
Hi,
   I'm writing to ask a question that many people have - having
downloaded and installed Apache Jakarta 4.1.27 on Mac OSX 10.2.8, the
sample servlets work fine.  And any .class I place in
webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes work fine.  But if I make another
directory, say webapps/myfiles, things go awry.  HTML pages in that
folder work, but if I put in the web.xml file
(webapps/myfiles/WEB-INF/web.xml) then nothing works.  Even adapting
the examples/WEB-INF/web.xml and editing it fails.
   Have reviewed server.xml and not seen where reference to my servlets
wd go.  Is there any URI or URL that can give more precise directions?
Any guidance wd be gratefully appreciated.  Thanks.