tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: log rotation for stdout and stderr?
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:57:04 GMT

Howdy,
This is a FAQ, you could search the archives.

A couple of things:
1. catalina.out isn't rotated on unix either.
2. Add swallowOutput=true to you context to make System.out and
System.err go into the context logger, which is rotated nightly.
3. Don't use System.out/System.err so much ;)  Consider a logging
framework like log4j.
4. There are external, free, 3rd party log rotating tools out there,
google.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics