tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat relative path in .jsp
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:13:02 GMT

Howdy,
What is the path used for?  Is it a link to another HTML/JSP/servlet, or
is it a destination for uploaded files?

If the former, use a relative link, e.g. ../upload.  If the latter, you
need an absolute path to a directory to which the server user has write
permissions.  You can use javax.servlet.context.tempdir or a directory
you configure via a context-param in web.xml.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics