tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wegener, Dierk" <Dierk.Wege...@bshg.com>
Subject Multiple Tomcats handled by one Apache
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:57:00 GMT
Hello,

is it possible to use different Tomcats (not multiple instances but real
different versions)
in one Apache installations?

In workers.properties there is an entry for workers.tomcat_home which I
suppose to mean
that multiple instances of one Tomcat installation can be started as
workers.

My problem is that several systems on one physical machine need different
Tomcat versions
but all have to be reachable on Port 80. So my approach was to load the
mod_jk and to define
VirtualHosts (in httpd.conf) where the Include-directives point to the
different Tomcats. Using
different mount points for JkMount should direct the requests to the correct
application.

Unfortunately I am not able to get to work such a configuration.

Can anyone help? Thanks!!

Dierk Wegener