tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Subir Sengupta" <>
Subject RE: Problems following symlinks
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:59:45 GMT
Put this line in your context, in server.xml.

<Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
allowLinking="true" />

-----Original Message-----
From: John Prout []
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 12:24 PM
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: Problems following symlinks

Using Tomcat, I am not able to open a JSP page, when the page is a
symlink to another file. When I replace the symlink with the file,
everything works fine.

Googling around, I've found some mention of Tomcat not following
symlinks by default, but that there's an attribute "allowLinking" to
over-ride this behavior, but I haven't been able to find where to put

Does anyone know a fix to this problem?

I am running Tomcat 4.1.? embedded in JBoss 3.2.2, running on Redhat
Linux 9.0

Thanks in advance

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: