tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat doesn't explode war file when context is declared in server.xml
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:48:10 GMT
I you define a context yourself, at least in Tomcat-4.x.x, you will have to
"explode" the .war file yourself before the server starts if you want to
point to the "tao" directory.  In Tomcat5, you can point to "tao.war" and
it will explode it anyway and run out of the directory, which is exactly
what you want.

Note that if this is all you have defined for your context, don't define a
context at all.  Just drop the .war file into "webapps" and Tomcat (4.x.xx
and 5.x.xx) will "explode" it and run from the directory.

Jake