tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Newbie help! - BufferedFile(new File("test.txt").getAbsolutePath())?
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 15:15:30 GMT

simply replace new File("temp.txt") with...

new File(context.getRealPath("temp.txt"))

However, note that this may return null in the case that the webapp is
being served directly from a .war file and not from a directory.  A better
strategy is loading the resource as an InputStream...

context.getResourceAsStream("temp.txt")

You can wrap that in an InputStreamReader and none of the rest of your code
will change and it will always work as long as temp.txt is located in the
root of your webapp whether it is in a directory or a .war file.

Jake