tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "P. Chewning Toulmin" <...@his.com>
Subject Problem getting Tomcat 4.1.29 on board
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:07:07 GMT
Hi everyone,
    I've been having some strange problems in getting Tomcat 4.1.29
going.  I've installed the software according to instructions--basically
unzip it into a directory.  I got Tomcat server up and running without
problem and can even run the examples.  But I can't seem to log into the
Admin or Manager applications.  I've tried changing the docBase value in
the Context tag to an absolute path in $CATALINA_HOME/webapp/admin.xml.  I
can't even run a very simple servlet (no JSP) either.
    Is there something under my nose that I'm missing?
    Thanks!
    Chewning