tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edson Alves Pereira <eapere...@panamericano.com.br>
Subject problems with dbcp
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 13:29:23 GMT
	Hello folks, i followed what is written in tomcat-4.1.x´s JDNI
DataSource documentation, but i getting this error:

java.sql.SQLException: DBCP could not obtain an idle db connection, pool
exhausted

	The machanism is not returning my connection to pool, what do i
should do? Do i really need tirex as Persistence Layer?  Here is my DBCP
configuration:

<Resource name="jdbc/OracleDS"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/OracleDS">
<parameter>
<name>factory</name>
</parameter>

<parameter>
<name>maxActive</name>
<value>10</value>
</parameter>

<parameter>
<name>maxIdle</name>
<value>30</value>
</parameter>

<parameter>
<name>maxWait</name>
<value>10000</value>
</parameter>

<parameter>
<name>username</name>
<value>blah</value>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<name>password</name>
<value>blah</value>
</parameter>

<parameter>
<name>driverClassName</name>
</parameter>

<parameter>
<name>url</name>
<value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@000.000.000:blah</value>
</parameter>

<parameter>
<name>validationQuery</name>
<value>select sysdate from dual</value>
</parameter>

<parameter>
<name>removeAbandoned</name>
<value>true</value>
</parameter>

<parameter>
<name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
<value>60</value>
</parameter>

<parameter>
<name>logAbandoned</name>
<value>true</value>
</parameter>
</ResourceParams>

	As i wrote above, DBCP should revover all connection objects and
close automatic everything, but is not. Any idea?

	Regards,
	Edson