tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Trenton D. Adams" <tre...@athabascau.ca>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.x memory leak (not javac)
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:51:28 GMT
Sven Köhler wrote:

>>> Bugs have been filed for this issue against 4.1.x and they have been
>>> marked as WONTFIX.  Best to try to reproduce the problem on 5.0.x and
>>> if the bug still exists there, file a report in bugzilla if one does
>>> not already exist.
>>

>> Where can I find this information?  Is there a bugzilla for tomcat or
>> something?  If so, I would like to go there so I can see if there's
>> any information indicating where in the code it would be.  I could go
>> searching myself, but I've never dove into the Tomcat code before! :)
>

> Could you post the bugid or even a link to the bug-report? i'm also
> interested in the porblem.
>
> I would also be interested in a description of the javac-memory-leak. It
> has become a "myth" and nobody can explain it. I don't find a bug-report
> in both Sun's and Tomact's bug-databases.

I found it once but I can't find it again.  I was pretty sure I entered
"memory leak" in the summary field and came up with results, but it
doesn't work now.

Anyhow, the javac bug is referenced in the release notes of 4.0.x.  I
don't think it's a javac bug but a tomcat bug with the interface into
the javac classes.  After all, it's not referenced in the release notes
for the newer versions of tomcat.

__
---