tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Trenton D. Adams" <tre...@athabascau.ca>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.x memory leak (not javac)
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 04:25:12 GMT
David Rees wrote:
> Trenton D. Adams wrote:
>
>> We're having a problem with tomcat 4.0.4.  Every time a context is
>> reloaded it
>> leaks memory.  The oddest thing about this is that it starts throwing
>> OutOfMemoryExceptions before process list shows that it's using the
>> memory I
>> allocated to it.
>>
>> eg. It will through OutOfMemoryExceptions at like 130M memory usage
>> when I've
>> allocated 512M for it.
>>
>> Is this a known bug that's been fixed in 4.1.x?
>

> It's a known bug, but not fixed in 4.1.x, it still exists there.  I am
> not sure if it still exists in 5.0.x.
>
> -Dave

Oh, one other quick question.  I was wondering about why it would start
throwing out of memory exceptions before it reaches the 512M limit.  Are
there maybe parameters that can be passed to tomcat to tell it how much
to use for web applications?  And if so, are these set to a certain
percentage of the -mx JVM parameter?

__
---