tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Trenton D. Adams" <tre...@athabascau.ca>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.x memory leak (not javac)
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 02:40:45 GMT
David Rees wrote:

> Trenton D. Adams wrote:
>
>> We're having a problem with tomcat 4.0.4.  Every time a context is
>> reloaded it
>> leaks memory.  The oddest thing about this is that it starts throwing
>> OutOfMemoryExceptions before process list shows that it's using the
>> memory I
>> allocated to it.
>>
>> eg. It will throw OutOfMemoryExceptions at like 130M memory usage
>> when I've
>> allocated 512M for it.
>>
>> Is this a known bug that's been fixed in 4.1.x?
>

> It's a known bug, but not fixed in 4.1.x, it still exists there.  I am
> not sure if it still exists in 5.0.x.
>
> -Dave

Thanks Dave.  If anyone could provide some more information on this,
that would be helpful.  I would really like to fix it because it's
really annoying me.  We have two CRITICAL web applications on one
server.  We don't want to have to continually down the entire tomcat
server just to reload a webapp.

__
---